Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My First Garbage Enzyme

Just came back from Cameron Highland with lots of vegetables and fruits for my enzymes projects. The left over from the fruits and vege, I've decided to make my very first Garbage Enzyme. Early Monday morning, after breakfast with hubby, we went to Tesco and bought the following container. It cost me, RM24++ to get this air tight plastic container. According to the label, it can takes up to 21 litres max.

Okay, I've got 3kg vegetable dregs now. According to the formula, for every 10 parts of water, we need 1 part of sugar and 3 parts of kitchen waste. Therefore for me with 3 kg of kitchen waste, I need to have 1kg sugar and stir it in 10 litres water.

This is how it looks like after I've stuffed in all the kitchen waste. Look nice isn't it? Check out my following photo - top view :)

How does this look to you? Kinda mixed vege or chap choi in cantonese, isn't it? Yummy or not?

Finally, the container needs to be closed tight and keep it away from direct sunshire - preferably dark area for 3 months. During first month, we need to open the container daily to let go the gases. After first month, occasionally we still need to open the container to release gases.

Please come back and check my posting again. I'll definitely have more photos posted the next few weeks and you will be able to see the progress of this enzymes before it gets to the third months.




No comments:

Post a Comment